80% of YouGov survey respondents in India would like to be vaccinated against the coronavirus, over half of the respondents are aware of the Russian vaccine Sputnik V
November 16, 2020 – Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF, Russia’s sovereign wealth fund) published the results of a survey of 12,000 respondents in 11 countries regarding coronavirus vaccination and preferences in vaccine selection. According to the survey results, 73% of the respondents were willing to be vaccinated against the coronavirus, while of those aware of Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine and willing to be vaccinated the number was even higher – 4 out of every 5 respondents. An increase in the proportion of those aware of the Russian vaccine and willing to be vaccinated, shows, among other things, the high level of confidence in Russia as a global vaccine manufacturer.
The human adenoviral vector platform, on which the Sputnik V vaccine is based, is almost nine times more reliable than the non-human adenovirus platform.
The survey was conducted from October 9-19 by YouGov, a leading UK research data and analytics group. It included people from Brazil, Vietnam, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, UAE, Saudi Arabia and the Philippines. More than 2.5 billion people live in these countries, or over 30% of the world’s population. The survey became one of the largest on this topic and the first global survey involving the countries of the Middle East and Southeast Asia.
The survey was conducted prior to the announcement that the Sputnik V vaccine is 92% effective at protecting people from COVID-19, according to interim trial results.
Key survey results in India
- The overwhelming majority of trial participants are positive about vaccination against the coronavirus (80% of the respondents).
- Among those who are aware of the Russian Sputnik V vaccine, the percentage of those who are willing to be vaccinated is even higher – over 85% of those surveyed.
- 60% of the respondents are aware of Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine – the highest awareness level among the countries that participated in the survey, on par with respondents from Mexico.
- In India, there is high confidence in the human adenovirus vaccine (Sputnik V platform) as 9 out of 10 vaccine respondents preferred this platform over non-human adenovirus platforms.
- Russia ranks first among foreign vaccine-manufacturing countries (excluding India), which were mentioned by respondents primarily as the most trustworthy. Overall, 5 out of 10 respondents said that Russia is one of the most reliable countries (each respondent mentioned three countries).
Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) is Russia’s sovereign wealth fund established in 2011 to make equity co-investments, primarily in Russia, alongside reputable international financial and strategic investors. RDIF acts as a catalyst for direct investment in the Russian economy. Currently, RDIF has experience in the successful joint implementation of more than 80 projects with foreign partners, totaling more than RUB 1.9 tn and covering 95% of the regions of the Russian Federation. RDIF portfolio companies employ more than 800,000 people and generate revenues which equate to more than 6% of Russia’s GDP. RDIF has established joint strategic partnerships with leading international co-investors from more than 18 countries and total more than $40 bn. Further information can be found at rdif.ru
Contact persons for additional information:
Russian Direct Investment Fund
Tel: +7 495 644 34 14, ext. 2395
Mob: +7 916 110 31 41